Thursday, March 31, 2016

Dreaming and Purpose


Have you seen Academy Award and Golden Globe Award winner, Hugo?  It is about an orphaned boy who embarks on a quest to solve the mystery of the automaton clock and find a place he can call home. I was inspired by the deep message of the quest for purpose.
Hugo video clip // PURPOSE  Hugo: Everything has a purpose, even machines. Clocks tell the time, trains take you places. They do what they're meant to do, like Monsieur Labisse. Maybe that's why broken machines make me so sad, they can't do what they're meant to do. Maybe it's the same with people. If you lose your purpose, it's like you're broken.

[Hugo takes Isabelle to the back of the giant train station clock where they watch the beauty of Paris at night]
Hugo: Right after my father died, I would come up here a lot. I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason too.

In my line of work as a LifePlan™ Facilitator, people are inspired to come to me because they are at a period of life transition, life is out of balance in some way or they are searching for a greater sense of purpose and meaning.  I invite them to reflect and dream.
Dreams give us vitality.  The pursuit of dreams creates passion and energy.  At different points in our life journey, we get caught up in surviving versus thriving.  Purpose is living the life you were meant to live.  Dreaming starts the journey.

I invite you to dream and begin the journey of self-exploration at one of my upcoming workshops:

Monday, April 11, 1-2pm at Next Page Books & Nosh | Frisco, CO
Wednesday, April 13, 7-8pm at Next Page Books & Nosh | Frisco, CO
Tuesday, April 19, 12-1pm at Elevate CoSpace | Frisco, CO


No comments:

Post a Comment